Genesis is the first episode of the first season, of the first volume and the first episode overall
In Manhattan, Peter Petrelli is the younger brother Nathan Petrelli an overly ambitious and unscrupulous candidate for the next New York congressman, and he dreams and believes that he can fly. He decides to prove his theory and jumps from the roof of a building in an alley and his brother flies and saves him. In Texas, cheerleader Claire Bennet learns that she is literally indestructible and can not harm herself or die. She saves a fireman in a fire in a train, but does not take the credit. In Tokyo, Hiro Nakamura believes he can control time and space continuum. In India, Mohinder Suresh moves to the Brooklyn, New York, where his father, that was researching a secret project called Genesis about genome and DNA, is killed in a taxi cab. In Lower Manhattan, the painter Isaac Mendez paints pictures of the future. In Las Vegas, stripper Niki Sanders borrows $30,000 from a powerful local mobster to get her young son into school, and does not have the money to pay her loan. She sees a different image of her in the mirror, and when two gangsters come to her house to collect the money, one of them hits her and she faints. Later Nikki wakes up, and the two thugs are dead... literally torn apart by her evil alter ego.
- This is the first episode of Heroes.
- First Appearance of Isaac Mendez
- First Appearance of Simone Deveaux
- First Appearance of Micah Sanders
- First Appearance of Niki Sanders
- First Appearance of Hiro Nakamura
- First Appearance of Claire Bennet
- First Appearance of Nathan Petrelli
- First Appearance of Mohinder Suresh
- First Appearance of Peter Petrelli